UNESCO in collaboration with the International Association of Student Affairs and Services (IASAS) is preparing a 3rd edition of the seminal book Student Affairs and Services in Higher Education: Global Foundations, Issues and Best Practices (2009).
For this purpose, 1000 words country reports from across the African continent will be included, featuring:
1. Background information on the country’s higher education system and evolution of student affairs/services
2. Typical organizational structure of student affairs/services within an institution
3. Typical services and programmes offered
4. Qualifications/training of staff in student affairs divisions
5. Issues and challenges for student affairs/services in the country
6. Websites of student affairs/services professional associations/organizations
7. Websites with links to student affairs/services publications and research
The editor-in-chief of the book is Roger B. Ludeman, President Emeritus of the International Association of Student Affairs and Services (IASAS); Website: http://iasas.global
Responsible associate editor for the African country reports is Dr Thierry Luescher (University of the Free State, South Africa; Journal manager of the Journal of Student Affairs in Africa (www.jsaa.ac.za). This is an open call; please contact Dr Luescher for enquiries, proposals and manuscript submissions of African country reports at Email: email@example.com
The call starts February 2017 and ends May 2017; manuscripts are due by end of May 2017.